So, I was wondering how I could use the slow cooker for a yummy no-meat meal.
I remembered making a Tuscan kale and white bean ragu earlier this year and knew collard greens and white beans in the crockpot would fare just as well.
I did a quick google search and found lots of pictures of collard greens and white bean soups (Moroccan or otherwise).
I knew I was on to something yummy and added the following to my pot:
- White beans already soaked from my freezer stash
- Cubed potatoes
- 3 sliced carrots
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- A few cloves of garlic
- 1 package of collard greens
- Chicken broth
- 1 can of cream of mushroom
- 1 onion soup mix packet
- 1/2 a packet of powdered ranch dressing
- A few slivers of sun-dried tomatoes
- Enough water to cover everything
- Garlic powered
- Italian seasoning
I put the setting on low and plan to serve this with crusty bread and butter.
Do you have any vegan or vegetarian crockpot meals? Be sure to add them in the comments below!